You are invited to take part in the HIANZ Benchmarking Project!
KPI Works is an on-going, monthly benchmarking study designed to challenge you to focus on the finer financial and efficiency aspects of running your business. Whether you work in a dedicated finance team of a well-established company, or, run a small family business – the outcome of taking part in KPI Works is the same – a more efficient and a more profitable operation.
For your project, there is no cost to you to take part. While your industry body completely sponsors our license fees, they will not be provided with any access to your own, confidential business data. Saying this, if you want their help – we can easily share your data with them on your request.
By taking part, you will gain the ability to:
- Continuously identify your business strengths and weaknesses via a monthly “business health check”, highlighting areas of over-and-under spending, as well as identifying strong and weak efficiencies of the various parts of your operation.
- Make immediate changes and improvements based on solid data from dozens of live Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- While keeping your own data fully confidential to you, find out if you are running a good business by comparing your financial and efficiency metrics against your peers.
- Uncover real-time, industry-specific insights you will never get from your accountants or advisors, or from any other source.
- And as the participation in your project grows, narrow down your comparisons to a specific group of your peers for an even more applicable benchmark.
How does the monthly cycle work?
What will you need to do each month to take part?
Once you have finished your monthly accounts, you will be able to take your financial data from your accounting package in whatever form it comes in, and upload it directly into your online KPI Works portal. You will not need to make any changes to your current reporting processes.
Next, KPI Works will automatically allocate your data to your industry’s so-called Common Ledger, and then update dozens of your personalised reports inside your interactive and private online dashboard with the latest monthly data from your business.
Your reports will also include anonymised averages from the data uploaded by you and your peers, so you can see how you place within your industry’s long term and seasonal trends. For example, the sample report below can help answer a vital question: Are we really that efficient as a business?
What benefits does your industry body receive as a result of you taking part?
- Gain access to live anonymised overall industry statistics (IMPORTANT! As stated at the start already, no confidential participant-specific data is ever available to your industry body, unless you provide us your consent to share it).
- Become able to present key all-of-industry findings at industry events and via newsletters.
- Enable more effective lobbying and representation with indisputable data.
- Be able to respond to industry-wide trends or areas of concern, and offer relevant support.
As an association, HIANZ has used this data to demonstrate issues on revenue from the recent COVID-19 lockdowns and the staffing numbers affected. This information has been coveted by many other associations and is seen by Government and other agencies as (in their own words) “Gold Standard” Industry knowledge.
This analysis would possibly costs thousands of dollars each month for your accountant or financial advisor to prepare. However, your participation in KPI Works is fully funded by HIANZ as an investment on behalf of its membership and industry. This is an industry-wide initiative that aligns with HIANZ’s strategic objective of “supporting business growth, profitability and diversity of industry through education of industry”.
Feel free to learn more by watching our brief intro video (8-mins, directly below), and if have any questions about the project, contact Dima Ivanov on 021 927 346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, if you’re ready to get started – please fill in the form below, and we’ll be in touch!
Ready to take part?
Simply fill in the brief form below, and we’ll send you an invitation to get started.